Monday, February 6, 2012

My Couponing Experiences ... And Other Stuff

I have been on two couponing shopping trips.  I have only been to Meijer, browsed through Target, and stopped for a quick run into Walgreens.  I have been carefully looking at the prices and mentally calculating my savings.  I have been learning about sales and stacking.  I am a far cry from an expert and am hoping to have a neighbor help me learn more.  I am hoping to score more and more deals and can totally understand how great it feels when you get something for FREE or at a low low price.  I think the biggest score I have found was Similac which is usually 22.00.  I got it for 9.50!  I could have squealed with delight!! I also got diapers for like 7.00 off each box I bought.  I did get Dean's dip for FREE and Helluva Good Dip for just .44!  My binder is carefully organized and I am trying to learn more and more!! I am officially stocked up on salsa, pasta, and ketchup. Also, lunch meat and hot dogs.  Each shopping trip is a learning experience. 

Another thing I wanted to do this year was blog more.  I LOVE reading other people's blogs and have had several people comment on reading mine.  One of the blogs I read does a different topic each Tuesday.  I am thinking of trying to write about their topic on "Toddle Along Tuesday", but might be more like Thursday for me :)  I also LOVE music and everytime I hear a song, I have a memory or a thought of something.  I am going to do "Shuffle Sunday" and turn the Ipod on Shuffle and write about whatever song comes up.

I will share with everyone what we find out at Hunter's appointment tomorrow.  We finally got his RSV shot approved and figured out with the insurance.  He missed one with the insurance change and I am thankful and happy to report that he will hopefully be getting that tomorrow.  The doctor's office has been just wonderful, and our doctor even called the other insurance company personally to try to get him the shot.  Can't wait to see how much our "Thunder Chunky" weighs in at!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment